Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2011 Chinese New Year

Hi all!

I was really enthusiastic about Chinese New year but I must say I was a bit deceived about the event. I've done it in Paris and I can say that even if it was not as well organized, at least you'd get to see a bit of the dancing dragon ( I really fancy these bouncing and dancing dragons!)

In a way, I think that here in London, Chinese New year is 'victim' of its own success. Which is good and means that the communication was well done. But I guess that the whole overcrowded stuff is not my cup of tea. Some people did seem to have some fun eating chinese noodles and playing with the bangers though (I almost bought some to throw them at the crowd in order to actually see a dancing dragon).

But all in all, if I were offered the possibility to live again this moment, well, I would decline!

Here are some pics to show you how busy Chinatown was:

Can you see it? The dragon?

Aaaargh!!!
And to finish off I had to show you the object of my frustration:

Chinese dragon on the Catwalk



 Oh, by the way, did you know that this year was the year of the Rabbit? 'Mouhahaha!' You might think? Not at all, given the Rabbit personality traits:

'Although generally calm, gentle and loving, Rabbit people can be very ambitious and intuitively know how to get ahead in the world.
They are good listeners, kind and sweet by nature, and are therefore often sought out as popular and trusted friends. Generally noted for their physical beauty, Rabbits like to surround themselves with beautiful things. They have a good eye for art, design and fashion, and are usually at the top of anyone's Best Dressed list.'

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment