Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sexy Cup Cakes and Graphic sweets

Hi Sweets!

I can't help it! I have to talk about food! In this case, the place I am going to write about sells cakes that I do not like at all... 

What is the place? Cox Cookies & Cake 
What do they sell? Graphic Cup Cakes
Where? In Graphic Soho

This place is kind of funny and yet very interesting. Indeed, you could as well pass by this store without even realizing it. Indeed, amongst all the erotic shops and peepshows in Soho, CCC totally blends into the landscape as it took the same 'erotic codes': flashy neon lights, dark interior, sexy staff - with 'Bite Me' and 'Better than Sex T-shirts! Just have a look at the window

 Really different than this one just aside? Not really..
 The best thing is their amazing rated X cup cakes ! They are called 'kiss cake' 'pop cake', 'titty cake', 'Man cake'.. and just look amazing on their neon shelves


But to be honnest, if I really appreciated the store's concept, I didn't buy any cupcake. I truly cannot understand people's passion for these cakes that are, in a nutshell, mere butter cakes, sometimes flavored, with lots of butter on top.. Let's see if Wikipedia has a better definition: 'A cupcake (British English: fairy cake; Australian English: patty cake or cup cake) is a small cake designed to serve one person, frequently baked in a small, thin paper or aluminum cup. As with larger cakes, frosting and other cake decorations, such as sprinkles, are common on cupcakes.'
 
Anyway, what kind of pâtisserie is that? Fine, they always do look nice (in a very girly-smoocha-smoochies-sweety way), but they are so colourful you don't even want to have a bite - fearing that your teeth will instantaneously fell off due to the excess of sugar and colorant.. And above all, what about the taste???

I tried my very first cupcake here, in the UK... At work to be more precise. A colleague of mine had done them for her little girl's birthday and brought some for us. Because the cakes were homemade, I tried one thinking that it might be better than what I feared and that I was being unfair to this speciality...But actually it was has bad as I thought! Incredibly dry, stodgy and buttery... Didn't enjoy it at all..


But I am not closed-minded. If you, little chicken, think that cupcakes are great, let me know why. I wish I could understand!

Horrendous little cakes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment