Thursday, February 3, 2011

Yummy Review - ALBION CAFE

Certainly because I was fed with the most delicious dishes in the world - no excess here, love you mum, no pressure now for the transfer of the magic - I naturally developed a big passion for food and hence, "restaurant chasing". Actually, there is this special place in Paris - ugly design though - where I only go in order to have a soup of their own that I love.

So, this might be silly but the idea of hardly finding places where I could enjoy genuine meals was worrying me when I first learnt that I was going to London. Of course, I know that every soul in England does not live on scones, fish&chips or chicken tikka / korma (whatever)... but still… Might be silly -again- or snobish, but food is such a big deal to me that I think it would have ruined the whole experience if my worries would have ended up being true..

This means.... that I was wrong, of course. And that is why I wanted to do a few posts about my restaurant hunt, special dishes I enjoyed...food in general, in a nutshell.


My first review is about a fantastic brunch I made in East London. You might know the place as it seems well-known, but you might not as well.. Which would be a pity because, Gosh, one can eat well there!

The name of the place is Albion Cafe, Shall I get rid of practical details immediately?

http://www.albioncaff.co.uk/
2-4 Boundary Street,
Shoreditch,
London E2 7DD
020 7729 1051


 Maybe I was in such a good mood after a long good walk in Fab' East London that I am being a bit too enthusiastic, but I don't think so...

So, when I first entered the place, I really felt at ease and comfortable: you have cakes and all kind of yummy things near the cashier, the place is very luminous thanks to its huge windows and its light colour decoration, you can see the vast kitchen (clean) and the big room where people are enjoying their meal (all kind of people, friends, married couples with babies, sex-in-the-city-girls-band-like, lonely ones too!)... All this, while you are queuing... Well yes, during the week-ends, seems like you have to queue. But it doesn't last so much and besides, it gives you the time to appreciate the place.

Finally, we got a table and could order. I just think the menu is fab' and very affordable (compared to Paris, it prices are good I think); you have a large choice for food and drinks, and at the same time not too much - otherwise you'd get lost. Just an advice: do take the deserts near the cashier; they are cheaper than the ones on the menu that will make your bill suddenly explode. 

We -we were 2- decided to go for the Albion brunch and the fish pie. Just delicious!! Look at these colours :)








Before finishing - my post is too long... I just would like to make a special mention for our waitress who was very sweet - or high?


My conclusion: Well, this is a really good address; you eat well, vibes are great, service is excellent :)

You should have a try little chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment